Last updated: September 28, 2021.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Firsthomesglobal.com and its affiliates (collectively “FIRSTHOMES”) collect and process your personal information through Firsthomes websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Firsthomes Services”). By using Firsthomes Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Firsthomes Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us:We collect information that you share with us through this website, including general information and your personal information. The general information includes browser information, operating system information, device information, TCP-IP addresses and the date, time, length of stay and specific webpages accessed during your visits to this website. The personal information includes information that can personally identify you, such as your name, email address and telephone number. For example, when you place an order, we collect your shipping address and financial information for payment. We maintain one or more databases to store your personal information and may retain it as reasonably required to serve you. You can choose not to provide certain information, however you may not be able to take advantage of certain after-sales services that we provide.
- Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Firsthomes Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Firsthomes Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Firsthomes Services and other content served by or on behalf of Firsthomes on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does Firsthomes Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Firsthomes Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Firsthomes Services.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Firsthomes Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Firsthomes Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for products and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Firsthomes, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Does Firsthomes Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Firsthomesglobal.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Firsthomes and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Firsthomes, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Firsthomes account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
You are responsible for taking measures to monitor and mitigate any breach in the privacy of your personal information. Please do not use the website if you do not accept the adequacy of our information security practices and do not agree to hold Firsthomes harmless from damages that occur despite our reasonable efforts to prevent any malicious third-party intrusions.